You are searching about What Sport Should I Play Quiz, today we will share with you article about What Sport Should I Play Quiz was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Sport Should I Play Quiz is useful to you.
How Much Do You Know About Water Skiing? A Quiz
Do you understand how basic waterskiing equipment works and the fundamentals of the sport of waterskiing? Take the following “True or False” quiz and find out. At least you have a 50% chance of being right.
(1) The skier shouts “Engaged!” when he is ready to start skiing.
Answer: False. The skier shouts “Hit it!” when he is ready to start skiing. The signal “Engaged!” is used to communicate to the boat operator to take the tow rope before starting to ski.
(2) The ski boat is equipped with an outboard motor to produce minimal shaking on the water so that the skier can move quickly.
Answer: False. Water ski boats are made with inboard motors for the above reason.
(3) Before you start skiing, you must check that the water is clear of debris or obstructions and that the depth is at least three to four feet.
Answer: False. The water should be clear of obstructions and at least six to seven feet deep so that the skier’s skis do not drag along the bottom when the skier starts on the course.
(4) Water skiing without the benefit of skis is called barefoot.
TRUE. Without the use of any type of skis or this piece of equipment for water skiing, a skilled skier is assisted in skiing barefoot by the use of a barefoot pole which is a long aluminum pole extending from the center of the ski boat.
(5) A skier giving the thumbs down sign while waterskiing signals the operator to return to the starting point.
Answer: False. Thumbs down means slow down. Alternatively, thumbs up means to speed up.
(6) Slalom skiing uses one ski and allows the skier to make wider turns.
Answer: False. Although slalom skiing uses a ski, the ski is designed so that the skier can make tighter turns at higher speeds.
(7) Jump skis are lightweight and made of a high strength composite material so they can be used to jump ramps with minimal impact.
Answer: True. These skis help a skier jump over 200 feet!
(8) During exhibition skiing, freestyle skiers have 30 seconds to perform as many tricks as they can and are allowed two runs.
Answer: False. The time allowed is 20 seconds for two runs.
(9) Usually three people are the minimum number of participants involved in water skiing. They include the skier, the pilot and the observer.
Answer: True: All three participants play a key role while skiing. The observer, in particular, plays a determining role in the sport because he is the intermediary between the pilot and the skier, so that the communication is clearly relayed.
10) Some water ski equipment supplies provide ropes with split ends so that two water skiers can be pulled at the same time.
Answer: True. Ropes are made for this purpose.
How did you do? Did you “accelerate” the quiz? You can get much more information about water skis by searching the internet. Many retailers can help you find the right equipment for water skiing and give you additional information about the sport itself.
Video about What Sport Should I Play Quiz
You can see more content about What Sport Should I Play Quiz on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Sport Should I Play Quiz
If you have any questions about What Sport Should I Play Quiz, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Sport Should I Play Quiz was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Sport Should I Play Quiz helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Sport Should I Play Quiz
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Sport Should I Play Quiz
What Sport Should I Play Quiz
way What Sport Should I Play Quiz
tutorial What Sport Should I Play Quiz
What Sport Should I Play Quiz free
#Water #Skiing #Quiz